- On View
- NOW at the Corcoran
- Past Exhibitions
- Shooting Stars: Publicity Stills from Early Hollywood and Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Pump Me Up: D.C. Subculture of the 1980s
- From the Collection: Victor Burgin
- Taryn Simon: A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters I-XVIII
- NOW at the Corcoran – Enoc Perez: Utopia
- Ivan Sigal: White Road
- On the Campaign Trail
- Programs & Events
- Educators & Students
- Youth & Family
- Support & Membership
- Membership & Special Interest Societies
- Honor Roll of Donors
- Corcoran Ball
- Ways to Give
- About the Corcoran
A group of young patrons and rising business, civic, and social leaders, the 1869 Society supports the Corcoran by hosting art-infused events throughout the year. Its trademark gala, ARTINI, takes place every spring, enlisting the city’s top mixologists to pour art-inspired cocktails.
Taking its name from the year of the Corcoran’s founding, this group of dynamic young professionals is committed to promoting the arts in Washington, D.C. and celebrating the educational and cultural programs offered by the Corcoran. In the words of 1869 Society chair Geoff Cleveland, “The 1869 Society is a terrific community of young professionals who have a shared interest in strengthening one of America's oldest art museums. Our members have a special bond that is cultivated through exclusive and exciting events year round.”
To join the 1869 Society or to find out more, please call the Membership Office at (202) 639-1753, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like the 1869 Society on Facebook!
ARTINI 2013 and Cultural Cocktails
The sixth annual ARTINI took place on March 22, supporting contemporary art exhibitions and performances. Eight of the city’s leading mixologists created cocktails inspired by the Corcoran’s collection.
Throughout the year, the 1869 Society hosts Cultural Cocktails—happy hours with an artistic twist. These events take place at the Corcoran as well as galleries, bars, and shops around town. See the Corcoran calendar for upcoming events.
Join the 1869 Society Today
When you become a member of the 1869 Society, you enjoy the great benefits of a standard Corcoran membership:
- Unlimited free admission to the Gallery to see special exhibitions and the renowned collection
- Guest passes
- Discounts at the Corcoran Shop and Muse Café
- Reduced fees for Continuing Education classes at the Corcoran College of Art + Design
- A complimentary subscription to the Night & Day newsletter and Corcoran E-News
You also enjoy these exclusive 1869 Society benefits:
- Early registration for and discounts on the group’s events
- Free or reduced admission to public programs and other educational opportunities
- One additional guest pass so that you can bring a friend along to view the Corcoran’s exhibitions and galleries
1869 Society membership is just $65 plus your primary Corcoran membership, which starts at $60.
1869 Society membership is complimentary at the Fellow level and all Chairman’s Guild levels; please make a note in the “Comments” field.
1869 Society Steering Committee
Geoff Cleveland, Chair
Lindley Thornburg [meet her on Corcoran People]