The Help Desk Technician is a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD) at the Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art + Design. The person is responsible for supporting faculty, staff and students with day-to-day technical support including applications installation, IT hardware & software, email, and telephone services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users including faculty, staff and students
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
- Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, MS applications suite, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Maintain, install, configure and customize classroom Macs machines; G5, Minis and/or Notebook hardware/software to support each classroom.
- Maintain, install, and configure various printers, printing queues, and passwords on campus and in offices to support printing, both large and small format.
- Maintain, install, configure, and customize Gallery and College staff’s Mac and Dell computers on the Windows connecting to Active Directory environment, such as, hardware, email, and MS applications.
- College Degree in information technology preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Windows, MAC and Office Suite applications, Exchange/Outlook
- Experience and/or knowledge on Apple hardware /software, Networking, TC/IP, VOIP, Active Directory and Servers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service/customer relationship skills
- Excellent attention to detail on all aspects of service in order to exceed user’s expectations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with fellow team members
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three references to HR@corcoran.org.