- On View
- NOW at the Corcoran
- Past Exhibitions
- David Levinthal: War Games
- NOW at the Corcoran – Ellen Harvey: The Alien’s Guide to the Ruins of Washington, D.C.
- WAR/PHOTOGRAPHY: Images of Armed Conflict and Its Aftermath
- American Bronzes from the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- How Is the World? Recent Acquisitions of Contemporary Photography
- NEXT at the Corcoran 2013
- Shooting Stars: Publicity Stills from Early Hollywood and Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Annual Print Department Exhibition
- Ill Street Blues
- Pump Me Up: D.C. Subculture of the 1980s
- From the Collection: Victor Burgin
- Bezalel on Tour
- Taryn Simon: A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters I-XVIII
- NOW at the Corcoran – Enoc Perez: Utopia
- Ivan Sigal: White Road
- On the Campaign Trail
- James Bridle: A Quiet Disposition
- Programs & Events
- Educators & Students
- Youth & Family
- Support & Membership
- About the Corcoran
Gallery talk and tour with Visiting Artist Enoc Perez. Photo by Jenny Harnish.
The Corcoran College of Art + Design extends the roster of its dynamic faculty by arranging for appearances by professionals from around the world who have achieved excellence in their fields. Coming from the art and design worlds as well as literature, journalism, media, culture, entertainment, and fashion, these visiting artists enrich the Corcoran community with fresh perspectives and intensive interactions with students and faculty. Through these guests, students and the public alike engage with issues relevant to visual culture today.
Visiting Artist Lecturers join Corcoran students, faculty, and the public in the Corcoran’s Frances and Armand Hammer Auditorium. Guests explore themes raised by exhibitions in the Gallery or discuss current issues. The Visiting Artist in Residence program facilitates opportunities to build relationships with professional artists and designers through lectures, critiques, and workshops. Critics in the Classroom play a pivotal role in studio and classroom reviews, providing the students with focused points of view and a direct connection to the world of a working artist or designer. Visits to artists’ studios, private tours of galleries with curators, and collection visits are just some of the examples of how Artists and Experts provide students with a more in-depth understanding of the art and design community outside of the Corcoran.
Please contact email@example.com with questions regarding the Visiting Artists program.