- On View
- NOW at the Corcoran
- Past Exhibitions
- David Levinthal: War Games
- NOW at the Corcoran – Ellen Harvey: The Alien’s Guide to the Ruins of Washington, D.C.
- WAR/PHOTOGRAPHY: Images of Armed Conflict and Its Aftermath
- American Bronzes from the Corcoran Gallery of Art
- How Is the World? Recent Acquisitions of Contemporary Photography
- NEXT at the Corcoran 2013
- Shooting Stars: Publicity Stills from Early Hollywood and Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Annual Print Department Exhibition
- Ill Street Blues
- Pump Me Up: D.C. Subculture of the 1980s
- From the Collection: Victor Burgin
- Bezalel on Tour
- Taryn Simon: A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters I-XVIII
- NOW at the Corcoran – Enoc Perez: Utopia
- Ivan Sigal: White Road
- On the Campaign Trail
- James Bridle: A Quiet Disposition
- Programs & Events
- Educators & Students
- Youth & Family
- Support & Membership
- About the Corcoran
Save the date! The seventh annual ARTINI will be held on Saturday, March 22, 2014!
Take a look back at last year’s event here Photo album.
Presented by the Corcoran’s 1869 Society, ARTINI is a vibrant evening of art, cocktails, entertainment, and dancing. From January through March, mixologists from the area’s top venues compete to create the most artistic martini. These specifically created artinis are inspired by works in the Corcoran’s collection. The city’s favorite artini, as chosen via online vote, will be revealed at the gala.
Beginning Wednesday, February 27, each venue will offer its artini and will showcase it at a Feature Night. Come sample artinis at these eight events and enter a raffle to win fabulous prizes such as restaurant gift certificates, wine tastings, brewery tours and makeover parties.
ARTINI is hosted by the 1869 Society, the Corcoran’s circle of young benefactors, who engage their social and professional circles to participate. Proceeds benefit the NOW at the Corcoran exhibition and performance series.
VIP Opportunity: The Art of Craft Cocktails
For the third year, ARTINI will celebrate a “Critics’ Choice” selection, in addition to the winner of the popular vote. In order to select the Critics’ Choice winner, taste, presentation, and the artini’s connection to the artwork will be evaluated by a panel of esteemed judges:
- Chef Todd Gray and Ellen Kassoff Gray of Todd Gray's Muse at the Corcoran
- Svetlana Legetic of Brightest Young Things
- Kelly Magyarics, wine and spirits writer
- Anna Spiegel and Jessica Voelker, Washingtonian magazine
- Gina Chersevani, Hank's Oyster Bar and Eddy, Buffalo & Bergen
- Sarah Newman, Curator of Contemporary Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art
When purchasing VIP tickets, 1869 Society membership at the Dual level or above permits up to two tickets at the 1869 Society member price of $169. 1869 Society members at the Individual level may only purchase one VIP ticket at the discounted rate.
Must be 21+ to attend; proper identification required for entry. Please drink responsibly; over-intoxication will not be tolerated.
No walk-ins permitted. No refunds permitted. Tickets are non-transferable.
1869 Society Steering Committee
Geoff Cleveland, Chair
ARTINI Host Committee
Joseph Richardson IV
Lindley Thornburg, ARTINI Chair