- On View
- NOW at the Corcoran
- Past Exhibitions
- NEXT at the Corcoran 2013
- Shooting Stars: Publicity Stills from Early Hollywood and Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Pump Me Up: D.C. Subculture of the 1980s
- From the Collection: Victor Burgin
- Taryn Simon: A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters I-XVIII
- NOW at the Corcoran – Enoc Perez: Utopia
- Ivan Sigal: White Road
- On the Campaign Trail
- Programs & Events
- Educators & Students
- Youth & Family
- Support & Membership
- About the Corcoran
This event took place on Friday, March 22, 2013. Photo album.
Attire: Creative Cocktail
Music: alive and able (chukwumaa)
VIP Speakeasy: Featuring music by B&B Jazz Duo, opening at 7:30 p.m.
Presented by the Corcoran’s 1869 Society, ARTINI is a vibrant evening of art, cocktails, entertainment, and dancing. The gala is the culmination of a month-long celebration in which eight mixologists from the District’s most prominent restaurants and bars compete to see who can create the most artistic martini. Sample all eight artinis and view the works from the collection that inspired them. The evening also features hors d’oeuvres and dancing. The city’s favorite artini, as chosen via online vote, will be revealed at the gala.
- General Ticket, Member and Non-Member Price: $125
- VIP Ticket, 1869 Society Price: $169
- VIP Ticket, Non-Member Price: $200
Beginning Wednesday, February 27, each venue will offer its artini and will showcase it at a Feature Night. Come sample artinis at these eight events and enter a raffle to win fabulous prizes such as restaurant gift certificates, wine tastings, brewery tours and makeover parties.
ARTINI is hosted by the 1869 Society, the Corcoran’s circle of young benefactors, who engage their social and professional circles to participate. Proceeds benefit the NOW at the Corcoran exhibition and performance series.
VIP Opportunity: The Art of Craft Cocktails
For the third year, ARTINI will celebrate a “Critics’ Choice” selection, in addition to the winner of the popular vote. In order to select the Critics’ Choice winner, taste, presentation, and the artini’s connection to the artwork will be evaluated by a panel of esteemed judges:
- Chef Todd Gray and Ellen Kassoff Gray of Todd Gray's Muse at the Corcoran
- Svetlana Legetic of Brightest Young Things
- Kelly Magyarics, wine and spirits writer
- Anna Spiegel and Jessica Voelker, Washingtonian magazine
- Gina Chersevani, Hank's Oyster Bar and Eddy, Buffalo & Bergen
- Sarah Newman, Curator of Contemporary Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art
When purchasing VIP tickets, 1869 Society membership at the Dual level or above permits up to two tickets at the 1869 Society member price of $169. 1869 Society members at the Individual level may only purchase one VIP ticket at the discounted rate.
Must be 21+ to attend; proper identification required for entry. Please drink responsibly; over-intoxication will not be tolerated.
No walk-ins permitted. No refunds permitted. Tickets are non-transferable.
Photo: Denny Henry
1869 Society Steering Committee
Geoff Cleveland, Chair
ARTINI Host Committee
Joseph Richardson IV
Lindley Thornburg, ARTINI Chair