Call for Sumissions: Artists Working in Video Corcoran College of Art + Design-Gallery 31
Corcoran College of Art + Design - Gallery 31
The Corcoran Gallery of Art/College of Art + Design is looking for artists working in video to exhibit in the college’s Gallery 31 exhibition space during the month of August. The exhibition will showcase talented artists working in this contemporary information-based media. The show is open to all local, national, and international artists 18+ years. International applicants are highly encouraged.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 works.
- All entries must be digital and uploaded online using Vimeo. How to use Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/help/basics
- Create a Vimeo account and post the three videos you would like to submit.
- Label video files as follows:
- Through Vimeo, search for, and send a message to "CCAD". Include your name, the title of your pieces, and an artist's statement.
If you are selected
- If you are selected, you will be invited to join the group “Gallery 31 Video Exhibition”, and you will be asked to submit a full resolution video to the Vimeo group. Upload your file to group: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/gallery31videoexhibition/videos
- Final submissions will need to be in the latest version of QuickTime with a resolution of 1024 x 768 dpi. All files must be Mac compatible.
Vimeo uploading guidelines: http://www.vimeo.com/guidelines#uploading_guidelines
- List contact information, video label information and upload as a Microsoft work document or PDF: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/gallery31videoexhibition/files
Deadline for submissions: June 6, 2011
Notification of acceptance: June 13
Final full resolution video by: July 18
Exhibition dates: August 3–28
Opening reception: August 4, 6–8 p.m.
Contact Joseph Hale, Coordinator of College Exhibitions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.