Students experiencing technical problems should seek help from their instructor, the lab tech on duty (third floor, Georgetown Campus), or you can email the IT Department using help desk .
IT Department Hours
Downtown: 8 am – 10 pm Mon-Fri
Georgetown: 8 am to 11 pm Mon-Fri, 8 am to 10 pm Sat-Sun
Downtown: In the basement directly across from the E Street security station, behind the wooden double doors.
Georgetown: Third floor
The IT department has a limited number of projectors, speakers, and cables for student use, and we are happy to let you sign them out. If your class projects or presentations require AV, please contact Help_Desk@corcoran.org to request the equipment you need. Equipment must be returned the same day unless we have authorization from the professor teaching the class, and students are not allowed to remove equipment from the building.
Wireless Internet, File Server, and More
Georgetown Campus File Server:
Click on “go” in the menu bar while in the Finder window.
- Choose “connect to Server…”
- Then select Georgetown fileserver: smb://filespace1.corcoran.edu
- User name and password (see above)
Advanced instructions for laptop use on campus
How to access corcoran sites and fileserver space from laptops via airport wireless:
The DNS addresses that students need to enter to be able to access the “webspace” site and other Corcoran sites and the Filespace1 server are:
These addresses can be added to the students computers (Mac only) by the following steps:
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ > ‘Network’
- Select the method of connection (most often Airport for a Mac laptop) and click the ‘Advanced’ button
- Click the ‘DNS’ tab at the top and then in the left side window click the ‘+’ sign at the bottom and enter one address then click it again and the next address
- Click ‘Apply’ and everything should be good to go.
Students with laptops who are using the Corcoran airport wireless, please create two locations.
One location should be the corcoran.wireless.
The second location is for off campus use, such as a home location.
PLEASE NOTE: Students CANNOT ACCESS File space server from an off campus web browser. Nor can they access File space server from any other type of off campus method. Students can ONLY ACCESS file space server by being on campus using a Corcoran computer, or through a student laptop which is using the Corcoran airport wireless.